How To Make a Cobblestone Generator in Minecraft
How to Make an Infinite Cobblestone Generator in Minecraft
Minecraft does not like to obey the laws of physics, and the law of conservation of mass is not an exception. Cobblestone generators in Minecraft will generate cobblestone indefinitely. They prove to be very helpful for collecting building materials and a necessity for surviving in SkyBlock. Here is a simple guide on making a cobblestone generator.
Gather your materials.You’ll need 3 iron for a bucket, a source of lava, and a source of water. Mine iron underground or look for it on the walls of a cave. Smelt the iron in a furnace and then craft a bucket. Lava sometimes appears in pools on the surface, but you’ll need to get underground below Y:9 for them to be common.
- Craft two buckets if you want to carry both the lava and water at the same time.
- Some cobblestone (or another non-flammable block) can be used to reduce the chance of the generated cobblestone falling in lava.
- If you are playing SkyBlock, you may have a block of ice instead of a water bucket. You can place the ice down and break it to get water.
Dig a one block deep hole and a two block deep hole next to it.Place the water in the one block deep hole so that it flows into the two block hole.
- If the water turns the lava into obsidian, you may not have dug the second hole two blocks deep.
Leave a gap of one block and dig another one block deep hole.Place your lava here.
Break the block separating the lava and water.After about a second, there will be a hissing sound and a cobblestone block will form.
Continue breaking the cobblestone.The generator will continue to produce infinite amounts of cobblestone.
Improve your generator.Cover up the lava and water so that you don’t fall into it with non-flammable blocks (cobblestone, dirt, clay, etc.). This will also help prevent cobblestone you mine from being burned by the lava. Break a block in front of the generator to stand in so that you can mine and pick up your cobblestone more easily.
QuestionHow do I do it if Tile Drops (console editions only) is disabled?Community AnswerEnable them or use a different version than you're currently on.Thanks!
QuestionWhen I built the first one, all of the lava kept melting the cobble when I broke it. How can I stop this from happening?Community AnswerMy suggestion is to dig a hole beside the cobble (where you won't touch any lava or water) and jump in before you mine the cobble. Then, walk into the cobble as close as you can and stay there. When you mine the cobble, it's more likely to go into your inventory. You can also use a hopper under the generator so that when you mine it, the cobble will go into the hopper.Thanks!
QuestionCan you make the redstone dust a longer line but just add repeaters?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAbsolutely! If you want to extend a line of redstone from the generator out to a workshop, for example, you could use a long line of redstone and a repeater every 14 blocks or so.Thanks!
QuestionCould I place cactus so that when I push the piston, the cobblestone is moved next to the cactus, then the cactus makes it break?Community AnswerNo. This will break the cactus instead of the cobblestone.Thanks!
QuestionIs there a way to use tent to automine it?Community AnswerNo. Unless you use commands or install a mod, there is no current contraption in Minecraft which allows you to mine blocks automatically.Thanks!
- It's best to keep the generator relatively close to your house so that you don't lose all of your precious cobblestone if you're attacked between the generator and your home.
- Make your generator away from trees and wooden buildings. The lava can set them on fire from further than you'd think and you may accidentally spark a wildfire.
- Avoid building the generator on a surface that's above your house or other important items. Lava travels downhill, so if the generator breaks, it's safer to keep it lower than your stuff.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Português: , Español: , 中文: , Italiano: , Русский: , Nederlands: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How to Make a (Automatic) Cobblestone Generator (My Design/ Tutorial)
How to Play Manhunt
Solutions to 5 Common Newlywed Fights
Celebrity fashion: pink color
How to Eat Authentic Japanese Cuisine
Halloumi Cheese with Cucumber Lentil Salad
Interpol chief Meng Hongwei feared dead after vanishing in China
How to Diagnose a Stroke
How to Cook an Omelette
8 UNIQUE HAIR COLORS FOR LONG HAIRDOS
Meghan Markle takes on highly unusual, unprecedented’ new royal duty